Dog parks can be a wonderful way to give your dog exercise as well as social and mental stimulation. They are also a great place to meet dog-friendly people and pets. Dog park design, rules of etiquette, and conflict resolution all play an important role in making your visit a positive and safe experience. Find out how to make the most of these opportunities. Cheryl provides you with the information you need to know including:
- The design features a well-planned park should have.
- The four key behaviors your dog needs to know to thrive in a dog park.
- Dog park etiquette – for both humans and dogs.
- How to evaluate your dog’s temperament to determine if he is dog-park ready.
- How to read canine body language to anticipate and prevent problems.
Anyone who takes their dog to a dog park – especially those who may have had some negative experiences – should benefit from reading this book. For you trainers who are asked by your clients about the pros and cons of dog parks, this book should be on your recommended reading list.
Cheryl S. Smith is an award-winning author of eleven books on dogs, including Dog Friendly Gardens, Garden Friendly Dogs and Right On Target!. She is a frequent contributor to dog magazines and lectures on a wide-range of dog-related topics. She lives with her three dogs in Port Angeles, Washington where she teaches dog training, hosts a callin radio show PetSmith, and tends her extensive gardens.
Published 2007 Dogwise Publishing
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]