What is it about?
‘On Course to Excel’ is the fourth DVD in Greg Derrett’s series on dog agility training and follows on directly from ‘The Winning Combination’. This DVD covers the final stages of Greg’s internationally renowned handling system. Following on from the handling required to take you to the highest level shown in ‘The Winning Combination’, Greg takes you through the training of combining these handling manoeuvres.
Course analysis and handling is discussed in full with the theory of how to make decisions on course relating to the dogs fastest path. Courses taken from recent national and international events are analysed and handling strategy is discussed and explained. Each course is then run to show you the theory and methods in practice. The DVD finishes with Greg sharing insight into some of his runs at the highest level. Not only the successful runs but runs that went wrong and the reasons why. This DVD will help you take all the information presented in the previous DVDs and give you and your dog the skills and knowledge to excel on any agility course.
- If you are looking to compete in agility at any level, to understand handling and be able to analyse agility courses – this is the DVD
- Advanced Training drills to improve both your application of handling as well as your dog’s understanding.
- Clear and precise rules to enable you as a handler to choose the fastest path for your dog.
- In-depth explanation of course strategy
- Detailed diagrams to explain the decisions on dog’s path and handling choices.
- Independent contact and weave drills
- Comprehensive instruction on course walking
- Slow motion shots to show precise timing.
- Footage and analysis from actual events
More about Greg
Greg is highly acclaimed in the International Dog Agility world for his handling system and training methods. He is also extremely well known in the competitive field of dog agility, winning major national finals, winning silver and bronze medals at FCI world cups and team manager of the successful GB IFCS agility world cup teams. He has an Advanced Diploma in Animal Behaviour and conducts Dog Agility training seminars around the world with his wife Laura.
When was it released- 2008
Who produced it- GT Agility
Running time- 2 hours