Apply the latest scientific research on how dogs learn to the world of dog showing. Whether you are just getting started in the breed ring or are an experienced show dog handler, you will enjoy learning how to work with your dog as your partner. Get outstanding showing results by using positive reinforcement methods including clicker training and lure/reward methods. Written by a dog show person for dog show people!
Vicki Ronchette, CPDT, has been working with dogs for over 22 years. She is involved in Dachshund and Australian Cattle Dog rescue and competes with her dogs in conformation, earthdog trials, field trials, obedience, and rally-o as well as handling show dogs for others. She is the owner of Braveheart Dog Training in San Leandro, California.
Published 2007 Dogwise Publishing
Reviews- DOG WORLD
“Ronchette’s instruction manual is derived from two decades experience as a professional trainer. In addition to conformation, she competes in several performance events. In all of these, she utilizes positive techniques such as luring, shaping, targeting, and clicker training that have become staple tools of so much training methodology. The book covers all the basics of choosing leads, using bait, free stacking, hand stacking, and gaiting. Each one is carefully explained and readers are guided through their application. The author provides abundant suggestions to deal with common frustrations such as dogs that hate table exams or persistently sit down in the ring. There is no shortage of advice on socializing puppies, keeping your dog calm, and reinforcing a positive attitude. She also explains the use of desensitization and counter-conditioning to revise problem behaviors… The book is presented as a guide for both novice and expert but confines its scope to the basics. Overall, it’s a valuable guide for beginners and handlers interested in repurposing positive training techniques to a new sport.” Amy Fernandez
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]