Animal-assisted interactions (AAI) programs – whether therapy, activities, education, reading, or other – have unique needs in their animals and in their people This book is written to give AAI program coordinators specific, practical guidance in ways to evaluate people (handlers) who wish to be part of their programs.
Many AAI programs focus on the evaluation of the animals, when, in comparing the handler and the animal, it is the handler who has the greatest potential to do harm. A skilled handler can compensate for a young or unskilled animal. But an unskilled handler is almost guaranteed to create headaches…handler evaluation is essential.
The Handler Factor provides detailed information on specific behaviors needed in therapy dog handlers for safety and success in visiting-animal programs. The book includes screening processes and reproducible forms.
Ann has enjoyed and learned from animals in her life since birth (she was up on horseback before she could walk). As an adult, Ann began integrating animals into her counseling practice in 1987 and has worked with animals in (human) health care ever since. She has both state and national credentials as a clinical social worker (counselor).
Published 2008 Human-Animal Solutions
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at email@example.com