Work for yourself in the company of dogs.
Enter the new and growing field of dog daycare! Whether just starting your daycare career or a seasoned veteran in the industry, this book provides proven techniques to give you a blueprint for success.
You will discover:
- Basic information for starting a dog daycare including business resources, licensing information, zoning guidance, and legal, financial, and insurance concerns for the daycare owner.
- Forms and record-keeping materials needed to operate a daycare.
- How to provide a safe and stimulating environment that keeps the dogs healthy and happy and the staff safe.
- Optional money-making services that daycare centers can provide.
- Ideas for cost-effective marketing of the daycare business.
- Troubleshooting ideas including how to handle clients with aggressive dogs, dealing with contagious diseases and expelling dogs from daycare.
- How to monitor the relationships within a pack of dogs and identify control measures that can be used to maintain stability.
Robin Knepp Bennett, CPDT is the owner of All About Dogs, Inc. She began her company in 1993 conducting private dog obedience classes in owner’s homes. She has since expanded her business to include numerous group classes, behavior modification lessons, and temperament evaluations. Robin has an excellent working relationship with local veterinarians as well as the Prince William Animal Control Bureau. She has been recommended by both groups to evaluate potentially dangerous dogs. Robin successfully owned and operated her own dog daycare for many years. In addition to publishing her book, All About Dog Daycare: A Blueprint for Success and a video, How to Own and Operate a Dog Daycare, Robin is a speaker on dog daycare matters for several national organizations. She is an active member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) and has a B.A. degree from Roanoke College. Robin has earned Level 1 certification through the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers (CCPDT), the first national certification for dog trainers. Robin is a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserve and is married with two children.
Published 2005 Dogwise Publishing
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at email@example.com