Dogs have deliberate, subtle, and often humorous ways of expressing themselves. Canine Behavior – A Photo Illustrated Handbook includes 1,000 images of dogs, wolves, coyotes, and foxes. It was created for everyone interested in dogs—pet owners, trainers, veterinarians, ethologists, and behaviorists. Using the interdisciplinary language of photography, Barbara Handelman illustrates and explains canine behavior and communication. Her book establishes a common understanding and vocabulary for people interested in, and working with, dogs. Canine Behavior is structured in many user-friendly ways, including alphabetical organization of the terminology, cross referencing, and, both a detailed table of contents, and an index. Those interested in both wild and domestic dog behavior will spend hours, if not years, studying and learning from this book.
Barbara Handelman, M.Ed, CDBC has been a Clinical Mental Health Counsellor for forty years. Early in her career her work focus on relationship therapy with non verbal children. In that context, Handelman became a careful observer of human body language. Studying the way that dogs use their bodies to communicate became a natural extension of her work with children. She is now a Certified Dog Behaviour Consultant specialising in training assistance dogs for people with disabilities. For the last twenty years, Handelman has had a second career as a photographer, using her caera to capture the moods and movements of people, horses and dogs.
Published 2008 Dogwise Publishing
MY PET WORLD
“There aren’t many books out there with 1,000 photos of dogs (and also wolves) expressing themselves. You’ll see signs of mild stress, which range from a paw lift to lip licking to blinking. A yawn may simply mean a dog is tired, or indicate stress. Stretching can also be a sign of stress. Dogs are constantly communicating non-verbally. This book is a must for anyone truly interested in translating what canines are saying.” Steve Dale
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
“Dog and canine lovers are in for a treat if they pick up “Canine Behavior: A Photo Illustrated Handbook”. Featuring one thousand photos covering everything from common dogs to wolves, foxes, and coyotes, “Canine Behavior” is complete and comprehensive in its coverage of canine species. Alongside the black and white photography are examinations of canine behavior with tips for dog owners peppered throughout. “Canine Behavior: A Photo Illustrated Handbook” is a must have for any dog person and for community library pets/wildlife collections.” James A. Cox
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at email@example.com