Today’s professional dog trainer needs to develop expertise in a wide variety of fields: learning theory, training techniques, classroom strategies, marketing, community relations, and business development and management. This collection of articles from APDT’s “Chronicle of the Dog” will prove a valuable resource for trainers and would-be trainers. Learn what you need to know from experts like Bob Bailey, Jean Donaldson, Ian Dunbar, Nicole Wilde, Sue Sternberg, and Karen Overall.
Mychelle is the Managing Editor of The APDT Chronicle of the Dog and Editor- in- Chief of Animal Behaviour Consulting: Theory and Practice. She is a Certified Dog Behaviour Consultant through the IAABC , an AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, and instructor of Red Cross Pet First Aid and CPR.
Published 2007 Dogwise Publishing
OFF LEAD AND ANIMAL BEHAVIOR
“Over the years, The Association of Pet Dog Trainers, APDT, has produced valuable information on dog training and behavior through it’s newsletter: The APDT Chronicle of the Dog. This noew publication brings together the APDT information with a collection of 80 articles by 40 authors. The Dog trainer’s Resource is aimes at helping trainers develop expertise in animal behavior, human psychology, and business management.” Editor
SOCIETY OF VETERINARY BEHAVIOR TECHNICIANS
“What an excellent collection of articles previously published by the Association of Pet Dog Trainers’ newsletter! This book is well organized and permits the reader to select a specific topic of interest. You do not necessarily have to read it in any specific order… The wide variety of articles will certainly appeal to lay readers, professional dog trainers, and veterinary professionals. What more could we ask for?!… There is so much more to educate not only dog trainers, but also the owner and veterinary staff. I think this book would prove beneficial to be on the shelf of anyone (not only professionals) that has a keen interest in dog behavior. The wealth of information and the practical application of the subject matter will clearly be a guide to anyone interested in training their dog. We could all profit from reading this text. Happy Reading! – 4.5 out of 5 paws” Mary Ellen Goldberg, BS, VMT, LVT, SRA
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]