Your dog truly rules when it comes to scenting ability, but you hold the key to allow him to learn how to more fully explore his kingdom. And that key is your willingness to work with him in what dog trainers call nosework exercises and games. While your dog has a wonderful innate ability to scent, nosework will present fun and interesting challenges which will make your dog more physically and mentally fit as well as to help solidify your relationship with your dog. Anne Lill Kvam’s The Canine Kingdom of Scent provides you all you need to know in terms of training techniques and tips so that you and your dog can both get all the benefits from doing nosework.
You will learn:
- How to motivate your dog to follow a scent trail or find a hidden item through the use of positive reinforcement and effective rewards.
- The importance of teaching your dog is step-by-step increments and allowing sufficient times for breaks and relaxation.
- The best way to teach your dog the names of his toys, find lost keys, and how to retrieve items left on a track.
- All about the “pancake tracking” method used to begin to teach your dog how to track and then how to keep your dog challenged as he begins to tackle more difficult tracking exercises.
Anne began working with search and rescue and scent discrimination dogs in the 1980’s. After studying at the Turid Rugaas Dog Trainer School, she has been working full time with dogs including a three year period in Angola teaching dogs and their handlers how to detect land mines. Anne Lill give seminars worldwide and her positive and natural training methods have found an enthusiastic audience.
Published 2012 Dogwise Publishing
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]