Look beyond the television image of a focused man or woman awarding ribbons and learn what it’s really like to judge dogs! Chris Walkowicz, a successful exhibitor and one of the top AKC judges, explains with humor and warmth how she, and others as committed as she is, learn their craft. Find out how judges get started, build their skills, and acquire their judging credentials. And learn about all the other things a judge must master including travel hassles, finances, and record keeping.
While writing in a light-hearted vein, Chris answers important questions. What do judges want from exhibitors? What do exhibitors want from judges? Learn from the author how to make the dog showing experience more successful for all.
Chris began showing and breeding German Shepherds in 1965, adding Bearded Collies in 1977. More than 50 Walkoway Beardies and Shepherds have finished their Championships and Register of Merits, and nearly 60 dogs have performance titles. Chris judges nationally and internationally and is an award winning author of several books.
Published 2009 Dogwise Publishing
Reviews- MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
“How does one call a show parading the best of the canine species? “Dog Show Judging: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” discusses dog show judging and how would be judges can do their best to be unbiased, clear calling judges, including how to break into the business. A career path for those who truly love dogs, Chris Walkowicz draws on his own experience to create a solid and very recommended read. “Dog Show Judging” is a top pick that is a must for anyone who wants to pursue this career.” James A. Cox
DOGS IN CANADA
“Since 1995, award winning author Walkowicz has judged conformation shows across the U.S. and around the world. In this book, she guides readers through the steps of becoming an AKC judge, the commitment to ongoing education, keeping good records, and how to run a ring with efficiency and fairness. Prospective judges and exhibitors alike will appreciate her sense of humour- especially her “war stories” – as ell as her sounds tips “from judges to judges.” A must for anyone who spends time in the ring.” Natalie Ann Comeau
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at email@example.com