Separation Distress and Dogs is a positive reinforcement based workbook for understanding, assessing and changing separation distress related behaviours in dogs. Written for guardians of dogs who exhibit distress behaviours when left alone, it presents an easy to follow, yet comprehensive, behaviour change program. Includes systematic desensitization and behaviour shaping, as well as empowerment training and relationship rehabilitation. It also includes sections for professional behaviour consultants. By the popular author of Dominance Theory and Dogs, Raw Meat Diets for Cats and Dogs?, and The Dog Aggression Workbook.
James O’Heare, CABC, is president of The Companion Animal Sciences Institute, Director of the Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals, editor of the Journal of Applied Companion Animal Behaviour and owner of Behave tech publishing. James has studied the natural science and technology of behaviour extensively and has written multiple books on the subject, which have sold throughout the world. James has been helping companion animal guardians resolve problem behaviour, writing and teaching since the early 1990’s.
Published 2009 Dogwise publishing
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
“James O’Heare’s SEPARATION DISTRESS AND DOGS provides a positive workbook for assessing and changing separation distress-related behaviours exhibited by dogs. An easily-followed behaviour change program is provided for professional behaviour consultants, with chapters covering behaviour project management and therapies that work”. James A. Cox
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]