When dogs growl at other dogs, lunge at people and bark at everything it’s often mislabeled as “aggression.” But behavior that looks like aggression is often fear-based and should be treated as such. The appropriate term for this constellation of behaviors is “reactivity.”
This book helps dog owners and trainers to understand the reactive dog and help him change for the better. The process is easy to grasp, and once the changes begin to take shape, owners become so encouraged that improving their dog’s behavior suddenly becomes fun and exciting! If your dog can’t pay attention to you in public places, doesn’t behave like a good member of the family when guests visit, and looses control when other dogs are nearby, this book has a lot to offer.
All training methods and classroom techniques are non-force and based on developing a ‘working relationship’ with your dog. Easy to read and understand, 148 pages, with 68 photographs and graphics to help you improve behavior and solve problems.
This 2009 edition includes more specific examples, and more and better photos to give you a better idea of what to look for and how to handle your reactive dog.
You will learn:
- Easy to read and implement how-to book on fearful and reactive dogs
- Many pictures to illustrate key points
- Originally published in 2004, and revised and expanded in 2009
- How to develop a simple program addressing the stimuli which cause fear
Ali has been running on-going reactive classes since 2002. With a Master’s degree in Education and a speciality in behavioural science, she teaches her students to think along the same lines, with a focus on positive reinforcement. She is currently on the Board of Directors of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. Ali became one of the first 100 trainers to receive her CPDT title (Certified Pet Dog Trainer) from Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). She became a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC) through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC). Ali is also the author of Focus Not Fear – Training Insights from a Reactive Dog Class. She lives in Eastern PA.
Published? 2009 Tanacacia Press
Scaredy Dog addresses a very common issue in pet dogs today. Ali’s user friendly book is chock full of effective ways to work with a reactive dog.
Terry Ryan, Author of The Toolbox for Building a Great Family Dog
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]