Feeding a natural, unprocessed diet is needed now more than ever. A complete and authoritative reference on the benefits of a raw food diet for your dog. Written by Australian veterinarian Tom Lonsdale, leader in raw feeding, this exhaustively researched book provides a suggested diet, feeding tips, and do’s and don’ts. If your vet is skeptical, give him or her a copy of the book!
Tom graduated from the Royal Veterinary College, University of London in 1972. Since 1991 he has written articles and given talks promoting the benefits of natural feedings for pets. Dr Lonsdale’s landmark book Raw Meaty Bones: Promote Health was published in 2001
Published 2001 Dogwise Publishing
Reviews- NORTHSHORE NEWS
It cleans their teeth, improves their breath but there are much more important reasons to give them to your dogs. A growing movement towards providing a natural diet for your canine friends has a champion for the cause in Tom Lonsdale. A veterinarian for more than 30 years, he was slow to convert to the philosophy of a natural diet for dogs. But some 15 years ago he paid attention to the red flags he saw in his veterinary practice concerning the incident rate of cancer, skin irritations, gum disease and more. His research led him to the conclusion that the commonly used highly processed dog food was the main culprit. A diet of raw food with selected vegetable was the answer and the results spoke for themselves when he witnessed the improvement in his canine patient’s health after making the switch. His book is a clear endorsement of a raw diet and is aimed at pet wonders who are interested in wanting to learn more than the basic information on this dietary plan. He tell the history of how the raw diet evolved and in the process discusses the current canned and dried foods available. Lonsdale goes into detail on what is actually included in processed dog food. This is a technical book, which covers a great deal of material and refers to a variety of studies and their findings. Pet owners who are interested in learning the details behind this break form what has become the normal diet will find a great deal of information here. Lonsdale passionately believes that all dogs will benefit from a raw food diet and presents an impressive case for that belief. Terry Peters
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]