Easy to follow instructions that teach you a kind and effective method for encouraging dogs to walk on a lead without pulling. Quick and easy to learn, the method can be applied to any dog no matter what size, breed or age. Dogs that are easily distracted, or that encounter situations where they may lunge, bark, or give aggressive displays can be helped to walk calmly and quietly on a loose lead.
My Dog Pulls explains:
- Why dogs develop pulling problems.
- Simple steps to retraining even the strongest puller.
- How to rehabilitate the puller with clear, helpful paragraphs.
- Correct use of leads, collars and harnesses. What works, what doesn’t.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise during training.
Norwegian dog trainer Turid Rugaas has studied canine social language for over 30 years. Turid is one of the most popular seminar presenters and travels worldwide sharing her insights and research.
Published 2005 Dogwise Publishing
Reviewer: Nick Hof
This is a short book but with great information. As others have stated, the exercises are described in an easy to understand way and have accompanying pictures in great quality that make it so easy to get out and try.
Although walking nicely on leash can also be obtained with clicker training, not everyone wants to try that and this serves as a great first or second choice for those still wanting to use positive reinforcement to teach their dogs and build a relationship.
I also found her view on the use of head collars and harnesses interesting and will be evaluating my own thoughts on those training tools.
No more pulling,
Reviewer: Jennifer Saavedra-Martinez
This is a true testament to ‘positive reinforcement’ I have tried everything from Head harnesses, body harness, choke leashes, martingale leashes etc. etc. and NOTHING worked. It all takes time and patience and lots more time and patience but in the end it DOES work. If you keep working on consistently it does work!
Thanks so much for writing this book! I will treasure it forever!!
It really works
Reviewer: Bev Hubbard
I have a six year old Australian Cattle Dog & Border Collie cross. she was a rescue who came from a farm at the age of four with NO leash manners at all.
all of the other books said to stop when the dog pulls and/or go in the opposite direction
this is supposed to teach the dog that pulling gets you nowhere
Daisy learned that pulling causes Bev to stop doing what Daisy wants and she would get frustrated and bark but not come in the opposite direction
(because she wanted to go THE WAY THAT SHE WAS GOING!!!)
this book starts out with that but then you ‘shape’ the dog to come to you on command
when she goes from behind you to in front of you the leash is slack
REWARD for a loose leash and she gets it…really quickly
read it..try it and it will change your life.
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]