What’s it For?
According to a 2012 survey conducted by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, 53% of adult dogs were classified as overweight or obese by their veterinarian. In addition to the health concerns, many experts say that lack of exercise is a leading cause of hyperactive and destructive behavior in dogs.
In today’s busy world, it can be tough to find the time needed to keep your dog happy and healthy with frequent walks. What if you were able to fully use your smartphone for calls, email, texting, etc. at the same time that you are walking your dog? Now multi-tasking is easy with the Leash Belt from Squishy Face Studio. It connects to any leash, allowing hands-free walking while also giving you peace of mind that you can’t accidentally drop the leash if your dog unexpectedly tries to chase something.
While developing the Leash Belt we discovered an unexpected benefit when using it with strong leash pulling dogs. The Leash Belt won’t stop your dog’s pulling behavior but instead it relieves your frustration as well as the arm, shoulder and upper back pain associated with a constantly pulling dog. The Leash Belt spreads your dog’s pulling force out over a 2” wide belt that goes around your hips – right at your center of gravity. This gives you better balance, no pain, and your frustration melts away. Then you have the opportunity to work on training techniques to minimize your dog’s leash pulling without pain and frustration.
Here are some features that make our Hands Free Leash Belt the best:
- The only hands free dog walking aid on the market that can be used with any standard style leash as well as retractable leashes.
- Made in USA using materials tested for strength and durability.
- Simple, easy to use design with quick release buckle closures.
- Comfortable, 2 inch wide belt strap won’t dig in like more narrow belts.
- Can be used for walking, running, hiking, biking, hunting, and training.
- Great for hands-free obedience training to keep dogs close and under control.
- More easily walk multiple dogs.
- Compatible with clip on pouches for treats or waste bags.
- Available in 2 colors and 2 adjustable sizes.
**Leash NOT included!
Measure around your hips at their widest point and then order the Leash Belt size where your measurement is within the adjustment range. The Small-Medium size adjusts from 29”-42” and the Medium-Large size adjusts from 35”-54”. Please inquire about custom sizes if neither of the two standard sizes will work for you.