Be informed before you bid farewell to your pet One of the most difficult aspects of being a pet owner is making end of life decisions for beloved dogs and cats. While many end up deciding to “put their pet to sleep,” the euthanasia procedure remains a mystery for most people adding to the stress and fear an owner experiences at this critical time. Author Julie Reck is a veterinarian who has devoted her professional career to helping owners make more informed decisions about euthanasia. In Facing Farewell, you will be provided with a complete description of the euthanasia procedure so that you will know what to expect and be confident that you have made the right choice for both you and your pet.
You will learn about
- The symptoms of pain and discomfort pets display as they approach the end of life.
- Information you should gather and share with your veterinarian as well as questions you should ask you vet about how she conducts a euthanasia procedure.
- What options are available in terms of medications and techniques used during euthanasia s o you can be a more informed advocate for your pet.
- What happens when in detail during euthanasia so that you will know what to expect.
Dr. Julie Reck owns and operates a full service animal hospital in Fort Mill, South Carolina where she lives with her husband, two dogs and horses.
Published 2012 Dogwise Publishing
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
“The decision to let your pet go is often quite a difficult one. “Facing Farewell: Making the Decision to Euthanize Your Pet” is an advisory guide from Julie Reck as she advises readers on how to better cope with petting a pet down. Reck focuses on the conditions and the pain that come with it, discussing important issues with one’s veterinarian, and how to comfort oneself and the pet during these hard decisions. “Facing Farewell” is a strong pick for pet owners who may dread having to make this decision in the future.” James A. Cox
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at email@example.com