A breeder’s guide to canine reproduction problems, artificial insemination, diet, progesterone levels, C-sections, whelping, removal of dew claws, and much more. Whether you’re a “first-timer” or an experienced breeder, you’ll learn something important from this book. If you’ve been having problems even getting a litter from that important bitch, you’ll find some possible answers here. Down-to-earth and easy to understand!
Myra is a breeder of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and author of the highly regarded Puppy Intensive Care: A Breeder’s Guide to Care of Newborn Puppies book/DVD and Canine Reproduction and Whelping. Myra combines her life long interest in animals with her professional experience as a labour and delivery and neonatal care nurse to bring you this information. In addition to continuing work as an R.N, she gives seminars around the country on her methods.
Published 2005 Dogwise Publishing
Canine Reproduction & Whelping by Myra Savant-Harr
Reviewer: Tonya Williamson
I credit this book to saving the life of my girl and her puppies.
My girl was not going in to seconder whelp. Her temp had dropped a full two degrees and I still did not have puppies. I called my vet and they told me I was over reacting that her due date was not for two days , to just wait. Well I did not wait I called around until I found a vet who would listen to me and get my girl in. We had to do a c-section and lost one puppy, but where able to save the other three and my girl . The vet who finally seen us said Raven would never had whelped the puppies on her own and the puppies where already detached and would not have made it to the due date. I would not know what I would have done with out this book.
Essential Part of Any Breeder’s Tool Kit
This is the book every breeder – whether novice or experienced -needs in her toolkit. There is so much information to give you confidence. Despite my years of experience, I learned alot and you will as well.
So you want to breed?
Reviewer: Pamela Hoffman
This book is so full of information, that even long time breeders will probably find out something new! It is a must have if you have ever had trouble getting a bitch pregnant. Clearly explains pre breeding testing, and reasons for it, in easy to understand language. If you are just starting out I would highly recommend learning the problems and fixes this book can offer. Mrs Harris is an informative and easy to understand writer.
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org