The study of genetics should be fun and, especially at the basic level, give one the confidence to delve deeper. This book offers basic information to the “scientifically challenged” and to beginners. Introduces concepts such as dominant and recessive genes, polygenic inheritance, and genomic imprinting. Various breeding programs are explored in great detail. Issues such as breeding fads and common myths are candidly addressed. Also information on DNA testing, hybrid vigor, understanding pedigrees, and sex chromosomes. An entire section features the basic concepts of color inheritance. All scientific concepts and terms are clearly explained, often by using practical examples. Includes a carefully selected reference section, and provides breeders with the tools to make more informed breeding decisions.
Ingrid Wood was born and raised in Germany. In 1970, she followed her American-born husband to the USA. After raising their son Benjamin in the quaintly historical town of Mount Holly, the Woods currently lives happily at Stormwind Farm in Springfield, New Jersey. There they tend to a slowly expanding herd of Huacaya alpacas and their beloved Whippets. Wood’s interests include writing, reading non-fiction, spinning the fine fiber of her alpacas, gardening, and lure coursing as well as racing the Stormwind Whippets.
Denise Como is a life-long resident of New Jersey. She became interested in purebred dogs as a teenager in 1966, when she purchased her first Collie. The diverse group of sighthound breeds captivated her attention shortly thereafter. Having owned and bred Borzoi for decades under her Wolfwind prefix, Denise and her husband also share the house with Whippets, Salukis of desert lineage, occasionally Greyhounds, and the remains of a small colony of rare sighthounds from India known as Rampur Hounds. Their two sons and their daughter are grown with families of their own.
Published? 2004 AuthorHouse
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org