Finally a comprehensive guide for the pet professional working with off-leash playgroups. A great book for training staff on key aspects for safe dog management.
Although Off-Leash Dog Play was written as a resource for pet professionals, it contains valuable information for any dog owner. Whether you operate or work in a dog daycare, a pet boarding facility, a kennel, or a shelter, offer off-leash playgroups, or just visit the dog parks, the book will assist you in having safe, fun playtimes and doggy encounters. In addition to covering leadership, group control and body language, the book offers insight into the dogs’ scent, vocal and visual communication.
You will discover how to:
– Understand canine body language and the ever-changing dynamics that occur between dogs playing together
– Safely manage off-leash playgroups with the least amount of force
– Train your staff to effectively manage off-leash playgroups
– Identify dog play styles to create fun, interactive dog playgroups
– See early-warning signs of arousal and play escalations
– Minimize potential dangers and fights between dogs
– Support the emotional needs of puppies and dogs lacking self-confidence
– Correlate breed history and stages of development to off-leash playgroup management issues
– How to introduce dogs and determine if they are suitable playmates
– Learn when to allow a dog to attend an off-leash play session and when it may be unsafe to do so
Robin Bennett, CPDT, is a professional dog trainer and dog daycare consultant. She is the author of All About Dog Daycare…A Blueprint for Success and co-owns one of the largest dog-training facilities in Virginia
Susan Briggs, CKO, is the co-owner of Urban Tails a dog daycare & pet service facility in Houston, TX. She served as ABKA Dog Daycare Section Chair and led efforts to create the first standards for daycare facilities.
Published- 2007 Dogwise ebooks
To download your Ebook simply click on the links that will be displayed on the order confirmation page once your payment has been made. The links will also be sent via email within your order confirmation email.
We give you all three of the major Ebook formats when you purchase from us – Adobe PDF, Mobi (For Kindle), and ePub (Sony Bookreader, Nook, Ipad/phone/touch, Droid, and other e-reader devices). For many of our Ebooks, you’ll also find a pdf of the front cover of the book
You can download each of these 3 formats up to 3 times.
The PDF format is great for printing. It also means that you’re not locked into one brand of bookreader. You don’t even need an Ebook reader! Just download the PDF version of the book and read it on your computer.
This format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- To add a book to your Ipad/touch/phone make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition, make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left-hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
This format is the Kindle Specific format. To add a Mobi (“.mobi”) Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Any problems do contact us at [email protected]